Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Adjusting to Home

  WOW,  I am home. One the one hand I am so happy to see the girls and my house but on the other hand I am sad that my amazing Dream Adventure is over.
The whole experience at John C Campbell Folk School was, well, life changing.

   It wasn't only what I learned at the classes but there is an energy and spirit about the place that gets inside you and changes you. Maybe its 80 years of creative energy amassing in one beautiful place or maybe its the people and the whole supportive, non competitive environment. What ever it is/was I will never be the same, my outlook will never be the same, my creative energy will never be the same.


I also fell in love with Asheville, it has been more than 10 years since I have been and since then it has really evolved into an artistic, hippy, creative, boho haven.  I love the art on the streets, the street performers, the funky and eclectic clothing and craft stores, the amazing restaurants and the wildly individualistic people that live there!! HA HA I feel like I found my home and my people!! A huge change from the rather conservative Fredericksburg. I can understand why they call it the San Francisco of the east!


Cat Sculpture
I had never seen a Pubcycle before




Hanging around at Pack's Tavern


Coffee Bus






No comments:

Post a Comment