Saturday, September 20, 2014

Time is Skipping Along.

So the old cliche about time moving faster as you get older has more truth in it than I ever wanted to believe. It is already the middle of September, YIKES.

Now that YIKES does not mean I am upset, I have some great times planned with friends, I am past my major commitments so I can get to work on, glass, batik and pine needle baskets. I can gear up for the holiday season with a joyful abandon.  I am loving me and my life in new and major ways!!

For all our fear of time slipping away from us and death coming too fast, I find that when time is skipping along it usually means my life is full and busy and happy.
Our lives, like nature have seasons, I love that feeling.  I love knowing grand adventures, fun plans and great times will come quickly like the glorious growth in the spring and warm wonder of summer.   I love knowing that the bad/sad challenging times will exist and pass with a warm bittersweet beauty reminiscent of fall or the sharp cold edge of winter,. I love knowing no matter what happens in my future I will have amazing times to look back on. I will embrace every season and every experience. It will always be a life well lived and for that I am grateful.

While I am not nearly ready for my time to come, I do not fear death, it will be the next grand adventure. So time can continue to fly, hurry and skip, it's just a reminder of how great a life I have.


No comments:

Post a Comment