Sunday, August 17, 2014

Dream Adventure, Day 2

We are starting our day quietly, I wandered amongst the flowers and historic buildings in Asheville waiting for the day to wake up.  Soon we will be on the road winding our way through the mountains and on to Brasstown.





We are here,  the beauty of this place is beyond what I could have imagined. I feel like I am barely breathing, When we arrived I started to cry, which is no surprise for me, but they where genuine tears of joy!!
We checked in, settled in our room and then explored just a small portion of this beautiful campus before we headed to orientation. After we had our welcome and introduction to life at John C. Campbell we headed to the dining hall. Dinner was wonderful, meals are served family style and it was fun meeting some of the other students and discussing their interests and art.
After dinner we headed to class and WOW, we dove right in. I have already started my first batik, I discovered the joy and challenges of applying wax. Tomorrow I apply my first layer of dye and while it's drying I will start another batik using a different technique.
























My first day here is coming to an end and already it is more than I could have imagined. If the rain holds off I will explore the campus at sunrise, I  can't wait to discover the gardens. My dreams tonight will be sweet and full and I look forward to the adventures of tomorrow. I will wake up once again with the amazing realization of how blessed I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment