Monday, August 18, 2014

Dream Adventure, Day 3

I am up and about early. I don't want to miss a thing! The first scheduled activity is MorningSong, a Dutch tradition, combining storytelling and music. Today it is the folk school director who will tell an "interesting and romantic history of the school". The meals here are wonderful so much of the food is grown here or is local.  Time for breakfast then I am off to class.






Class has been wonderful, batik is so addicting. I am working every minute beyond class time that I can to learn and absorb all the techniques I can. I find the layering of colors to be my biggest challenge but I am slowly figuring it out and sometimes it's just a surprise. LOL . Tomorrow I will be working on some painting techniques. I am going for some more challenging designs. This is only the first full day and I've started/finished 5 pieces.

Everyday I am still overwhelmed with excitement just being here, I can't stop smiling. I have however stopped squealing which I think makes Carolyn happy although she said she didn't mind. LOL
Tomorrow is class and yoga and then Contra dancing in the evening, I am looking forward to trying that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment