Thursday, August 21, 2014

Dream adventure, Day 6

It's a beautiful misty morning here in the mountains, I look forward to taking a walk in the mist and exploring a different part of the campus. One of things that is very surprising is how many people have been here before. Very few of us are here for the first time. I have talked to people that have been here 4 or 5 times to a couple who have been coming here every year for the last 10 years. This serene and beautiful environment fosters a love of not only the school but of the people who attend and the classes they teach.
Today is the last full day of batik and I have two projects to finish. One will be a fairly easy one and the other a bit more challenging. If I can pull it off the more challenging one will be very cool.
My first stop this morning is the studio to check on a batik that has been on the porch soaking in black dye all night.
Laundry on the line
My hands are blue
The Mill House

My favorite gate



Trail to the Blacksmith shops and the Mill House.





















So I ended up doing three projects, I so hate waiting for things to dry. LOL I may be working late tonight but it will all be good!! This has turned out to be more than I ever dreamed of, I know I have said it before but this has been a great experience and I have made some wonderful friends!!

This was the most complex and layer batik I made. It is my least
favorite process and yet has produced my two favorite batiks.
This is my absolute favorite batik and one of the ones I will have in the show and tell tomorrow morning. I will post the picture of my last three tomorrow after they have been boiled and dried.


I am a little sad that the class is ending, I will finish with batik in the morning and then start my dulcimer class in the evening. In between time we are going into the tiny town of Brasstown to check out their artisan shops. Time to head to bed I will be up early in the morning to start the boiling pots to help get the last of the batiks finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment