Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Dream Adventure, Day 4

I woke early again today, my heart filled with joy and my mind spinning with all I have learned and what I have ahead. I wish I could be in the studio now! I spent a part of last evening looking at batik supplies, I have a feeling the first order will go in before I even leave here. So many supplies, so much to learn, so many new possibilities.
But before I get to all that I am off to explore some trails this morning, I think I will skip Morningsong today in favor of exploring the campus, and gardens before breakfast.

My home away from home and also where the batik
and music studios are. I don't have far to go in
the mornings. 
Flowers from the gardens, wet from the rain.





















So far this is my favorite piece.
First projects are completed!! My very first was not what I hoped, some of the colors are too similar.  Its Ok, I am learning and I still love my first baby. LOL My next two projects are much better. The one with the sun I call my kindergarten drawing. I was waiting for other things to dry and didn't want to just sit so I played around. LOL






The kindergarten drawing, it still has some wax on it.
I had all good intentions of going to yoga this afternoon and Contra dancing tonight but I just LOVE doing the batik soooo, I would rather stay in the studio and work and thats what I am doing.










These two pieces are created  using a painting technique. it is challenging because you are layering a lot of colors and you don't really define the design until the end. I can't wait to see what they look like in the end.
All I have to do is the final immersion in black dye and then I will boil the wax off.
Except for a few spots where black will go this entire piece is covered in wax.
This will have three layers of dye on it when finished.


The start of a floral painted piece. I have wax on the few spots I wanted white,
now I will wax the spots I want to remain these colors and then I will
dye paint another darker layer. Then wax, then dye paint over and over. In between they have to dry and hour and then get rinsed and dried again. It is not a fast process.

It's 10:20 and I'm just getting in from a night in the studio, have I mentioned how much fun I am having? I am almost at the halfway point, this week is going too fast!!

1 comment:

  1. These batiks are incredible!!! You are doing an amazing job!!! Welcome to the world of the Fiber Head!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete